Tis' done. I submitted my story for the MPH story-writing competition, but seriously, it's utter crap. I'll be lucky if the judges read past the first line before throwing it away into a dustbin. No, this is not me being annoyingly modest, this is me being honest. That story was so crappy that I'm not putting it anywhere, not this blog, not fictionpress, not anywhere. Farah's the only one who's read it so far, and it's going to stay that way.Writing under a directed theme and a word limit is just so fucking hard! Wherever my first step to getting a Pulitzer might be, this was definitely NOT it.
Moving on to less annoyed-with-self matters, today was the conference of the college's underground societies. Since I've never gone into full detail, I'll just go through briefly what they are and what they're about-
a)The Lame Club- people who enjoy and make lame jokes. Their motto is 'Lame is the new cool'
b)The Gay Lord Club- it doesn't comprise of REAL gay men. They're more like a fraternity if you want to call it that. Guys who just hang out by Amir's room to bitch about (insert anything here. ANYTHING)
c)The Hot Girls- a new and for the most part, inactive club. So God knows what they're about.
d)The Strippers Nude Club- Punitha, Noreen, Aishah. In short, divas. Girls who are as loud as they are uh... pretty? (That might be stretching it)
e)Lorong Haji Taib Club- hahaha, guesses, anyone? Anyone familiar with what Lorong Haji Taib is about might be able to figure it out. A Frap for anyone who can guess correctly.
Aaand I think that's about it. What club am I in? In theory, I'm in the GLC, though I rarely turn up for meetings and stuff. It's interesting, but I guess it's not really my kind of thing. So why am I bringing this up now? Because I'm starting my own ^^.
Okay anti-social boy, hold your horses. Who would want to join a club formed by YOU?
I'm calling it the Dead Poet's Society, after well, the film. It's a cool concept, we'll pick a night where we gather for one hour in say, the Jap Garden to read poetry to each other. And when that gets old, we'll also watch movies (mostly movies adapted from classic novels. Cranwell and Rachel have a collection I hear) and read excerpts from plays and the like. Probably won't sound even remotely interesting to the average passerby, but I'm just interested in seeing how this would turn out.
I'm kinda looking forward to it. ^^
'A thing of beauty is a joy for ever.'
Current mood: Exhausted, but (relatively) happy
Current song: La Vie Boheme - Cast of Rent
1 comment:
Can I join? ^^
Post a Comment