Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Broadway Is Dark Tonight...

But it will light up like the fourth of July next year! Ladies and gentlemen, you've seen him beat up the Green Goblin and save MJ from falling to her doom. Next year, good ol' Pete Parker goes where no man... well, except maybe Xander Harris and the rest of the cast of Buffy, has gone before! Broadway!

I shit you not.

Spidey the Musical.


Fuck, I SO want to watch this. Too bad the best I can hope for is a less-than-stellar readaptation on the London West End (*cough*Rent*cough*Rent*cough*).

Unless I somehow win plane tickets to New York around that time, of course :S

3 comments:

KyleWorthington said...

ZOMGWTF!

Urm, is Spidey gonna sing? Wouldn't it be muffled, d'ya think? (wow that rhymed).

Anyway. Hell yeah I wanna watch this. At least you got to watch a version of Rent (albeit a crap one) before it's run ended. I didn't.

What would be more awesome though, if you get to do The Avengers musical and see the Hulk sing SMASH!

Garrion said...

OH MY GOD WHAT!?

Lol which brings to mind:

How is he gonna shoop web?

Bal said...

Hmm, yes a singing Hulk is definitely worth watching. I just hope they don't overload Spidey with emo songs. It would do the writers good to remember that he's generally CHEERFUL. Although I don't know what kind of numbers that would entail.

As for how he's going to shoot webs. Stranger things have happened when it comes to musicals. Apparently the Lord of the Rings musical had the Uruk Hai bouncing around acrobatically on springs. And if Elphaba can fly (Wicked), why can't Spidey swing?