Tuesday, February 10, 2009

180

In 24 hours, things have sort of flipped over. I sort of managed to call the people again, and weasel my way into a visit tomorrow. And there seem to be still a lot of properties in the place available. We might find a better place to move to, even. I guess we'll see.

Also a piece of luck fell into my lap- there was a book I sorely needed for my assignment, but since its assignment season, lots of people are trying to book it from me and get me to return it. I sorta, kinda ignored the first recall, and yeah, I have some fines for that. But I persevered and eventually the guy dropped his hold, allowing me to renew my hold. Takes the pressure off, because before this I was working like I had my ass on fire, needing to return that book a.s.a.p. Sure ten days left isn't much to work with and I probably shouldn't be relaxing, but at least I won't have to work like I need to hand it in tomorrrow anymore.

To other medics, you might wanna try drawing blood from me if you can. Shahrin's almost been reduced to tears at multiple tries (although he did get it in the end). The severity of it sort of came upon me when today, for the Blood Borne Virus Screening session, three nurses had to bounce me back and forth between them, all exasperatedly looking for my veins.

On the bright side I probably won't instinctively wince when I get jabbed anymore.

Finally, I'm back in a country phase thanks to the Grammy. Just got a hold of Lady Antebellum and Sugarland albums. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever met anyone else who was into country. Maybe that's good. Maybe I can finally say there's a piece of the music world I picked up without coercion from a girl. Or Khai.

Coldplay apologizes to Paul McCartney for recycling the outfits.

Speaking of the Grammys, keep an eye out for Chris Martin banging his head on the floor by accident when he sank down for the final howl in Viva La Vida. Gold! I know the Grammy's are, like, SO mainstream, but hey, I'm glad Coldplay won stuff. I think my dad might hallelujah the return of Robert Plant. My mom would've loved Jennifer Hudson. All in all, there's something for everyone.

Except maybe Nabilah.

Unless Nabilah likes The Jonas Brothers.

Ew.

Honorable mention: John Mayer and Keith Urban sharing stage time! With... two other dudes. Still, awesome. And when did John Mayer do a duet with Alicia Keys? Man have I been out of touch...

1 comment:

Garrion said...

there was a grammy? o.o