Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Wicker Man

I just watched 'The Wicker Man'- to those who aren't familiar with it, it's a movie that's coming out this year, with Nicholas Cage as the main character- a police officer in Scotland who is called to Summerisle to search for a missing young girl who might have been murdered. To be more accurate, the one that is coming out later this year is a remake of the original which was created in 1973- which was the one I just watched. The genre? Apart from mystery/thriller, I'd say yes, it's horror. In a very, very disturbing way. And I'm not talking about Silent Hill distortion or ghosts. It's the kind of horror which flows along the same vein as 'Lord of the Flies' and 'Republic of Trees'.


Quiz: Who is the actor in the picture? Correct guesses will entitle the winner to an ice-blended frap from Starbucks. And by the way, the movie isn't really in black and white. It's just the picture.

Here's a clue: He has a tendency to play bad guys, or more recently, bad guys who start out good offscreen.

I don't think the remake will be making it here, by the way, unless the excess nudity in the original is removed.

Do watch. Either version is fine. The message should be the same.

4 comments:

Zan said...

Peter Stormare. Or Tim Curry.

Whatever.

Bal said...

Nope. ^^

Kai said...

That dude from Back to the Future? You know, the scientist dude?

Bal said...

Nope. Christopher Lloyd? Na-ah.