Yesterday was the bloody international food day. In the spirit of good luck, I caught myself flu and a sore throat which lasted well... it's still here. It virtually killed my appetite, as it always does whenver I get the fearsome flu+cough combo, and of all days for it to happen, it HAD to be yesterday. Intenational Food Day. The day where they serve Cottage Pie and Apple Crumble and English Trifle and Morrocan... rice thing and Sushi and... well, FOOD! If I wasn't depressed enough before... Sheesh.
Anyway, since everyone was wearing something 'international'. well, not really EVERYONE, I decided to get into the spirit of things and don my Hawaiian shirt to class. The plan was to be from Hawaii, but since I was wearing Cargo pants instead of Bermudas, and the fact that I was wearing skate shoes instead of sandals, I decided that I would be from California instead (dignified snort) Yellowcard baby, oh yeah. So well, being the closest thing to Halloween that KYUEM can get, people didn't miss the opportunity to dress up weirdly. Well, Shahrin's matador outfit comes to mind, as well as Mr. Highton's African tribe... thing, complete with spear. Makes me wish I had went to City Square to get the bloody harpoon and Eskimo Suit. It would've probably helped with my cold.
Anyway, for the first time we're bound to get a PROPER weekend, that is, Saturaday is off, meaning, most of us will probably be going home on Friday, after the (sigh) Debate Final, Veritas distribution, and EcoTrip meeting.
Never a dull moment.
So well, I got kinda touched when some people displayed kindness towards my state of unwellness. (is that even a word?) Feera donated Panadol Soluble, Ib donated Amphetamine and Punitha donatde Strepsils and some lozenges. It's nice to know that people care. (sigh)
I'm not sure if someone put alcohol in the punch, but later that night I hung out with a (again) prentending-to-be-drunk Shahrin, and a dancing Farahsyaz, and well, Syat and Nadia were singing. I only got one cup of punch, and even that sent me into a coughing fit which, if anyone had witnessed, would have probably led to people calling the ambulance.
Anyway, I found out during the event itself that I needn't have worried about my appetite being gone anyway, since I was assigned to manning the stall where they serve Apple Crumble. Meaning my job was to serve people their food, smile at them, take their coupons and make sure they don't take more than they should get. Of course, this meant that by the time everyone had gotten their food, there wasn't much left for me save ...the Morrocan rice...thing and... another ... rice thing. Well later I found out that there was a reserve Cottage Pie for us MUN-ers, so that cheered me up a bit. Not that I got to enjoy it very much though. Too busy being sick.
Oh yeah, Miss Shree turned up in well.. something Spanish, was it? Either way, whoa.
1 comment:
You kena demam, Zan kena demam,I pun kena demam.
And I really understand how you feel bout the food thingy. There's gonna be sumkinda thanksgiving thingy held at taylor's college done by the CPU students, and it's JUST gotta be done during... Ramadhan. Imagine all the malay ppl fasting and the others eating away turkeys and other stuff... *stomach growls* Yeap. I'm fasting. Yeap...
Post a Comment