Thursday, September 15, 2005

So I'll Just Slide Between The Sheets Of All The Beds You Never Knew


Yeaaah! I finally found a lyrics page which shows what John Rzeznik says during the last chorus of 'Slide'. Yeah, (points at title) 'So I'll just slide between the sheets of all the beds you never knew'. It sounds so dirty if you read it, but the way Rzeznik belts it out sounds sincere, like the rest of his music. Aye. Long live the Goo Goo Dolls. Even Robbie Takac, who I'll begrudgingly admit that his songs get catchy after a while, and Mike Malinin, even though many people often forget his name. Blame it on the fact that he's the drummer, while Robbie and John both do vocals. Such fierce loyalty I have for this band, even Khairul the music enthusiast is beginning to lose his loyalty to his beloved Coldplay due to Chris Martin's antics. (dignified snort) The day Rzeznik does a Kylie Minogue cover is the day pigs fly and Shahril develops brain cells.

Alright, away from the Goo Goo Dolls to more local matters. Well the dummy copy's finished binding and all, and is now in the (safe?) hands of Pn Rog, who might have a thing or two to say about a few articles. Depends on how she takes things. Compared to a Nicholas Pang production, I 'd say that this should be rather tame. Oh well, I hope she doesn't set production back too much, though. I plan on not being too much of her public enemy. Nicholas and Alicia have already happily filled those shoes. (rolls eyes) So I guess Punitha and Noreen can rest a bit for now. As well as Dickson, Azwan and well, the rest of the production team. The ball rolls to Hamzah and Aishah next, as they're heads of distribution.

Oh, have I mentioned that Hannah and I have set up this competitive academic race thing. We're rivals now, sorta. In Chemistry, at least. Whenever there's a test, the loser treats the winner, and I am proud (sorta) to say that the winner of Round One is moi. Ngahahaha. Seeing that she's got a higher reading drive than me (for academic books), I believe that it'll just be a matter of time before she steamrolls me and starts draining money from MY pocket, so I guess I'll just savor the moment while it lasts.

Debate round two's topic is about condoms. You just gotta admire Hizami's ability to choose topics. And with the topic out, discussions are back on as well, and with this kind of topic, discussions get more interesting as well, with certain (ahem) members of our group getting late sex education (I won't disclose her information for concern of my own safety), and talks about babies, babies, and uh... babies. Oh, and condoms used as balloons by innocent Thai (or was that Vietnamese?) children. Tsk tsk. I kinda enjoy the discussions, though. Abby and Pai are really interesting people. Madame Lim was right, back then when I was still skeptical on how the words TKC-ian and 'nice' could fit in the same sentence, she told me that Pai, Abby and Iman are really nice girls. And up until the discussions actually started, it has only remained a theory. Well again, another testament to the 'you can't judge a book by its cover' saying.

Things have been moving on in school. It's sad to think back on it and realize you're not there anymore. I heard Ms Hilma's met someone. I'm happy for her. Our debate team won this 'Piala Yamtuan' thing, and Madame Lim's out of the operation room. Miss Hasni is having a barbecue party on the 30th of September which I obviously can't attend. I wish I could just run back to Seremban sometimes, and go through a time machine or something. There, it's out. Celebrate, teachers and conventional idiots of Science Seremban, I have just openly admitted that I miss you guys. Oh wait, I've already done that. I guess my mind just wandered back to her, because I mentioned Ms Hasni as 'one of the people that I admire' during an IELTS speaking practice thing. I really do owe her a lot- things that can't possibly be repaid by all the carrot cake in the world.

On another stage of development, I joined the Roteract Club. Unofficially for now, but I guess it'll be worth it, for the charity activities, and the fun people in there like Hannah and Avinder. Regardless of the ridiculous notions that the Muscom have been throwing around about Roteract being 'YAHOOOODEEE', I guess since I'm not really high on the public list of most-liked surau-attenders, I might as well just slam that final nail on the coffin.


Oh well. At least I've got Fell.

Aaaanyway, not going home this weekend. Mid Valley thing's confirmed! (grins widely) So I'm going with Qin, Ib and Oz, and hope there's a good movie out. Oh yeah, sweet civilization! Too bad Feera couldn't go though. I was sorta looking forward to hanging out with her. Noreen's always tied to tuition on weekends, God bless her. But heck, I'll have fun anyway. Books are better companions than girls anyway, when it comes to shopping. They don't nag, shout, or call you inconsiderate. And they don't judge you when you swear.

Tim's getting his copy of Veritas from Syat. Sheesh, talk about loyalty. Makes me kinda jealous sometimes, that someone who's gone is still more liked than me. But in the end, I guess I'm not meant to be the people person who's (squeaky voice) LOVED and CHERISHED and CELEBRATED by all! (rolls eyes) Guess Pai's right about how being alone can be more fun compared to being surrounded by too many people. And that's not just sour grapes on my behalf. (dignified snort) Thank you.

2 comments:

Aki said...

Gosh you still troubled bout being loved/liked or not. You mention that a LOT you know. This post and previous posts.

NOBODY is loved by everyone. Maybe you're not considered the special 'special' person to someone there.

Although sometimes you might feel left out, that doesn't take your place as being CELEBRATED and LOVED and CHERISHED by me!

Ididot.

PS: Hope you win the second round! Go go Bal!

Bal said...

(blushes)

Thanks a lot. I mean that.