Friday, October 24, 2008

21

'Stop this train.
I want to get off and go home again.'


Thanks to everyone who's wished me so far. I don't know why this date is supposed to be 'big'. Guess I'm not as big a risk-taker as I want to be. If anything though, when I look at the Rainlendar on my desktop, all I can think about is: 'Damn, I'm 21, and I haven't achieved even half of all the things I set out to do.'

I'm old enough for a quarter-life crisis now. Yippee. Time to start questioning whether I'm on the right track in life, and get off my ass and leave some comfort zones behind. Figure out what I've just outgrown and just stop whining about why they're not as good as they used to be.

No, it's not some grand beginning of some new phase in my life. Just another rung in that tall, tall ladder that leads to death ('That's all the time we have. Thanks for playing.')

Just keep me where the light is.

Enough melancholy, I say. It's a luxury I can't afford so well anymore. Class starts in 45, and today's the day I decide where I'm spending my next year (Hospital selections).

So anyway. Thanks again, for the wishes. It means a lot to me that some of you remembered (or, well, were alerted by Facebook in advance, in either case it's still sweet that you took five minutes to stop and remember me). Winner of earliest birthday message read goes to Farah (Rozhan, who, once again seems to remember better than her boyfriend who's supposed to be my best friend :p). -_- Sorry Shah, I was at a group party when you texted, so I didn't notice it forever. Then when I came online, I opened Facebook first to check my inbox for something important- so I saw my Wall first, followed by the offline message you left me on Windows Live, followed by the e-mail in my Gmail account, then later that night when I wanted to charge my phone, I saw your text.

Lol. Three attempts. Nice try. Thanks anyway ^^ You get three gold stars for effort.

More birthday thank yous in a future post.

Edit: I just saw the blogger comment AND the wish in my sidebar. FIVE gold stars.

Edit 2: Khai just texted me. Oh damn. Now I have to call off the nuclear strike. ^^ Thanks man.

1 comment:

Garrion said...

Finally! >=( And here i was worrying you didn't get my exceptional birthday wish XD