Fear not, I'm still not a Justin Timberlake fan. But after the Grammys and repeated listening to this song after rediscovering it on shuffle, I have to say that I'm hopelessly addicted to this song (for the moment). Begrudgingly, I have to admit that it's a good song. Partially because of the song itself, partially because he made it look so damn good during the Grammys, and partially because Scarlett Johansson is in the videoclip. Not this one. Go jack off somewhere else.
Now, meanwhile, back in the real world, the band has finalized our two songs for Battle of the Bands on Saturday night, as well as uh, a name. I know, I know, in one of my previous posts I said that it was already finalized to Slide and Beautiful Love, but on account of two love songs being too much, we (okay, they. I wouldn't have substituted Slide unless I was drunk. Hey, I'm a fanboy. But I got veto-ed)- our first song is now The Smashing Pumpkins' 1979.
It's a good song. Though I guess I'm going to have to live that fantasy of singing Slide on stage somewhere else. (sigh)
Things have been swell lately. Okay, save for the bout of flu I'm battling as we speak. Please oh please, be gone by Saturday- I don't want to sound sengau onstage. -_- Anyone have any remedies to suggest? On account of there being no cure for the common cold and all that, my friends have suggested everything from honey to air asam jawa, to (the only one I actually tried) chicken soup + rice. Feel free to add any eccentric (or preferably, normal) remedies to the list.
I also just started watching Little Britain, thanks to Noreen. It's funny...though not entirely what I'd call 'British wit' or the smart brand of humor. So it's actually a bit of a guilty pleasure on my behalf. It's not obscenely stupid like Scary Movie, but it's lightyears away from something like, say, uh, Yes Minister? But the not too stupid parts are okay, especially when five minutes into the first episode I met a familiar face:

GILES! (guh-iles. sorry, Late season 5 Buffy reference) Ahem. Well. Okay, I won't go hysterical. But it's good to see him SOMEWHERE, apart from that weird Discovery Channel series I never got to watch. Speaking of Giles, Buffy Season 8 launches this month. (squeals with excitement) Sure, the fact that it's in comic book format is a bit meh, but it's better than nothing, right? Well it's certainly better than the non-canon crap that's dished out by anyone who's NOT Whedon. (Yes darlings, Joss Whedon is penning the story for the 'Buffy Season 8' comicbooks himself)
Oh well. That's it for now. Ta.
4 comments:
Ooh, careful not to expect too much when you come over. The face of British humour is changing...gone are the days of wit with Fawlty Towers, Blackadder, Yes Minister and the like. Nowadays Little Britain is the standard for humour...also look up Eddie Izzard and Jimmy Carr on YouTube when you have the time. Films like Hot Fuzz (and its predecessor Shaun Of The Dead) might have you cringing too.
And Anthony Head is still going strong over here...besides playing the PM in Little Britain, he also guested on Doctor Who last year, which created quite a buzz.
Ooh, and remind me to meet this Noreen when I come back. So nice to see a bit of culture once in a while.
(I kid, I kid!)
Little Britain tickles my fancy. The fraction where Lou and Andy comes up, I get all perked up. And some other favourites would be Harvey Pincher and Vicky Pollard. Although, I have to say some bits do get a tad boring. Especially ones with Edward 'Emily' Howard in it. That'd call for maximum usage of ze forward button.
Oh well.
Why aren't you a fan of Justin, again?
My sister and I used to be firm believers in the Backstreet Boys, and I used to get into arguments over 'which is better? N'Sync or BSB'. So uhm, i'm not really like 'GO TO HELL JUSTIN!!' I just tend to associate him with N'Sync, which have good songs, but I just don't like 'em because of well...fanboyism.
But I do like What Goes Around Comes Around, Rock Your Body and Cry Me A River. For the sake of it.
Post a Comment