Speaking of good books.
I started gushing like a giddy little schoolgirl yesterday. Khai will attest to this, as he happened to call just as I discovered the offical His Dark Materials site. There was squealing. My voice went high-pitched despite my throaty coughs, and there was swooning. Poor Shahrin who wanted an intellectual discussion about medical issues to prepare for interviews only received my gushes and repeated lines like, "It's coming ouuuutttt!", "I could die of happiness right now!" (please don't get any wrong ideas, people. -_-)
www.goldencompassmovie.com
The official site has more pictures, a cast list, and a cool alethiometer to toy around with (though you probably won't understand anything it says unless you're Lyra). I want an alethiometer for Christmas! Or for any other festive season which entails the giving of gifts for that matter! In fact, I'm going to queue up in the cold outside toy stores AND the cinema for the movie and the release of those gadgets if they mass produce them for children (though a replica from the movie would be a whole lot better). If I camp outside, and die of hypothermia, tell my parents I died for a good cause.
In the meantime, here are some pictures to whet your appetite. Or perhaps they're nothing special- just me being struck with a chronic case of fanboyism.

Unrelated, unimportant bit of information:I got straight A's for my AS papers. No resits for me. Woo hoo!
4 comments:
Huh. He's one person that doesn't look good with facial hair...
As opposed to Sean Connery *swoons* yeah. But on his own, it doesn't look THAT bad. But I'll say it before and I'll say it again- Nicole Kidman is as Coulter-ish as anyone can get in that picture!
I AGREE!
And congrats on getting straight A's =)
Nicole Kidman as Mrs. Coulter = Genius
Daniel Craig as Lord Asriel is er... meh. Well, we won't know until the movie comes out, but I'm a little skeptical right now.
Post a Comment