Thursday, September 21, 2006

XII - The Hanged Man

Yowzers, look at all that's happened in one week. I'm going back for the weekend tomorrow, seeing that Saturday is a day off. Going shopping at Imbi with Shahrin and possibly Feera and Aisyah and whoever else feels free to come along. I'm only really after a Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams for the PC, since I can't seem to find one for the PS2 anymore. Besides, talking about Silent Hill is beginning to bore some parties- it's about time to show them what it's all about.

Or really, hey, it's just an excuse to see Pyramid Head and Angela again.

Well, this week's certainly been interesting. Last night's debate was part of it, yeah. We won the debate against Sapphire- so yeah, Garnet didn't end up with zero wins this year. I was kinda afraid of the way things were going since the whole debate season started- let's just say that Garnet doesn't have a strong pool of debaters this year. Okay, there's me, (if you can consider me as 'strong') but unlike last year where we had Pai and Abby to back us up, this year we had nothing. The stakes were raised that night when I found out I was going to fight Azrieal. The look on his face when we came in to draw lots told me everything- despite not needing another win because of their confirmed places in the final, Azrieal wanted to kick my ass because of the harsh things I said about him, and to prove that he was better than me.

So I only did what I had to do- and kicked his ass. Wiped the floor with his face, more like. The motion which was 'Qualifications Help Develop Character' was a relatively fun one, especially since I elevated the debate to a philosophical level, to which Azrieal and co. couldn't keep up. I love philosophy. And I understand now why Feera does too. It makes me sound deep- which does wonders to a debate if your opponents were expecting something run-of-the-mill and not an angle that will leave them in a cloud of smoke.

And yeah, with trials not obstructing them anymore, my friends were there to watch me debate. Farah, Punit, Brendon and co.- thanks from the bottom of my heart. I couldn't have done it without you. ^^

And debates was only one thing- I 'dated' a junior. Not in a let's get attached, kiss and hold hands so that we can boast about it to other people kind of way. It's weird- we just debated one round against each other in a secluded classroom (it was a mock debate), and then the next thing I know, I'm arguing with her over who is more pessimistic. Then before the night is over, I somehow ended up promising to buy her dinner one of these days- which she was quick to claim, actually, setting up for us to have dinner at the cafe on Tuesday night. And huh, private cafe dinners, God knows it's been a while since I've done one of those- let alone with a complete stranger.

But it was fun. I should ask complete strangers to dinner more often.

The girl (Hajar) is from... oh wait, I forgot where she's from. She's a Tony Parson's fan, and is, wait for it- almost as psychotic as I am. Our tag-team efforts managed to make Shahrin run away when he dared sit down at our table about an hour after dinner. (Yes, we were talking for THAT long) But actually, the psychotic angle- I'm not so impressed by it anymore. Anyone who's been keeping tabs on my blog or on my love life (if such a thing is possible, considering how so far, I seem to be the best at keeping it under wraps) will have counted the psycho/violent/tomboyish/music-making girls (not nescesarrily all of them at once) I've met since I entered KYUEM. Noreen. Feera. Aisyah (though that is quite debatable), Shat and Mizah, to name a few.

Funny, because you know how boys in boarding schools talk about girls they like? I remember saying I like weird/funny/violent/witty girls, and lamenting on how they probably don't appear very often.

And here I am, facing a plethora of them in one go.

o_O

No rush, though. I'll save an actual long-term relationship for when I have A-Levels out of my way, and a university offer in my hand. Besides, one long term-relationship isn't as fun as multiple 'dates'/'hanging-out's with different people. I'm 19, not 40 and looking for someone who's going to bear my children. (though some 19-year-olds I know have started naming babies. *winces at the thought*)

(adds Hajar's name to list of interesting junior girls. And that list is VERY short indeed)

I can hear Avinder shouting 'DOGG!!!' in the background right now.

Ah, and then there's the Ecotrip dinner, which I just came back from. It was at the Grand Seasons Hotel- the food was good, the music was good (because I was in charge of the playlist), and it was fun pretending to be all sophisticated for the first half of dinner in the pretending of following the order of food to be eaten and the technique used so much that our ex-pat teachers would be proud of us-

But the best part was shattering the 'civillized' image by singing 'La Vie Boheme!' in the middle of the ballroom (if you can call it that) with a circle of close friends. And I thought doing 'Seasons of Love' was fun- I think it has something to do with the fact that we've always been reserved over the idea of singing 'La Vie Boheme' in a function where teachers were present- but in that spur of the moment- I guess we just thought- TO HELL WITH IT!

And the next thing we knew, we were toasting to handcrafted beers made in local breweries, to marijuana, sodomy and masturbation. No, we did not lower our voices at those particular points. Either the teachers weren't listening to us, or maybe we misjudged them about how reserved they really are. Either way, I don't give a damn- that was the coolest time I've ever had at a so-called formal function ever. Ohkay, so I was the only boy doing it. Oz picked that time to pretend he didn't know us, but Aisyah, Farah, Noreen, Feera, Mar and I just went on and on-

Farah, maybe there's hope of us doing it at an actual college assembly after all (winks).

(stands on chair in chalet)

'To days of inspiration, playin' hookie, makin' somethin' outta nothin',
The need to express to communicate, to goin' against the grain, goin' insane goin' maaaaad!!'

Well you might want to leave now. ^^

3 comments:

Kai said...

Is that... is that happiness I detect coming off from you?

O____o

Well, at least it's a nice change from your angsty mode, which was starting to edge me out.

Congratulations on winning the debate! And, of course, the date! I'm glad for you, mate.

OMG, did that paragraph just rhyme? FTW.

In any case, I might, just might see you this Saturday. Provided I'm not too busy with C++, that is.

The Angry Medic said...

that...DID rhyme. you juniors are weird.

dude, this post so...resonates. that victory over Azriewhatsisface was so...john grisham. hope you didn't miss the dusty corners when you mopped the stage with him.

and I get the whole cafe date thing. back in the day when my girls were still loyal and didn't run off with my best friends, I used to understand the thrill. though I must admit the girls in your batch ARE something else. why couldn't I be in college now?! *shakes fist in the general direction of heaven*

Kai said...

Um, if you think I'm in KYUEM, I'm not. So I'm not sure what you mean by juniors, mate.