Don't feel like ranting about it now.
But work stuff aside, it feels kinda neat to be back in college, albeit the fact that I still get drained at the end of the day. Oh well. New students arriving tomorrow. I wonder what they'll be like. Hopefully there'll be some cute girls in the mix, well, not nescesarrily 'Sarah' cute or 'Farahsyaz' cute, but well, interesting and cool characters. Like Punitha. Or Pai. Or Feera. But then these people are probably going to be rich spoiled brats, so we'll just wait and see.
Passed in the Prologue for 'Sympathy for my Demons' during Lit, since I didn't have time to cook up a new 'good introduction' per say. I did cook one up on the spot, which was as usual, mediocre. Ah well, I'll just keep on trying and trying and trying and trying and trying and trying and...
^^ Who knows if I'll ever get there?
In the meantime, Malaysia has penguins! I mean, new penguin eggs, for the first time ever-
Yep, newly laid eggs at UWL (Underwater World Langkawi). They're supposedly from Africa. Maybe it's just me, but when I heard they were from Africa, I just got this image of penguins wandering around the savannah before being savagely killed by lions. But then I think too much.Seriously though, they're kinda far from home doncha think? Sure zoos are measures to save and preserve species, at least that's what we're told. But in the end, I get the feeling that what zoos really are, most of the time are places where we hold animals in place for our viewing pleasure? How fair is that? Conveniently last night I had this dream where I wasn't myself. I was a wolf, kept in this one small area with a glass window so people could come ogle at me as they pleased. It wasn't a pleasant feeling. What right do we have to keep these things locked up in cages for our convenience?
Its been a while since I've been to any zoos, but the last zoo I went to was Zoo Melaka, and some of the places the animals were kept in looked so pathetic, that I just felt so cruel, looking in at them while they were kept in such fucking poor conditions.
They deserve to run free.
Well I don't know if the conditions have gotten any better. Even if they did, I still say they deserve to be free.
Only they're in danger if they're free. And who's fault is that?
(sigh)
On another hand, another thing that pissed me off was finally settled today- the Veritas dummy copy isn't lost. Not really. The guy at the admin said they didn't print because they didn't know what to do with a blank page somewhere inside the mag. >< style="font-style: italic;">she has talent, unlike someone who had the sense not to show up. Someone whose CD has been sighted in Anas' car!

(gasp! shock! horror!)
No comments:
Post a Comment