Sunday, January 11, 2009

Tagged by Farhanah

Yeah I know, I wish I could say I don't do these tag things anymore, but hey, its not like I've been dropping proper posts on you guys anyway, right? Sorry, folks, I'll write a proper post when I'm done with my exams. Promise. Be warned, however. It might involve Shakespeare. So bring your pretentiousness-filtering goggles.

Aaaanyway, here it is. The rules.

Rules

1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leave a comment to let them know that they've been officially tagged (plus asking them to read your blog ;p)

Starting time: 11.29 a.m.

Name: Iqbal

Nick: Nighteyes/nighteyes87 on PSN or online networks when I'm shooting you down or running you over with a monster truck. Friends call me 'Bal' for short. Although it may get extended into a 'Baaaaaaaaaal!!' when I talk too much. Which is often.

Sisters: One sister. That's enough, thank you. I can only handle one partner-in-crime at a time.

Brothers: Two. Unless, you think I can send them back to the factory for a refund?

Shoe size: Tak tau. Yeah I know, blasphemy! For a guy to not know his own shoe size. Can I guess... 9 or 10?

Height: 170 cm, last I checked?

Where do you live?: A basement. And I love it. I'm Xander Harris! I'm Dracula! I'm the 'People Under The Stairs!' (obscure Wes Craven reference). It's five minutes away from the uni on foot, which is infinitely better than the almost one-hour bus rides I had to endure on a daily basis last year. Although those five minutes have to be spent crossing this cow-poop covered field. Am now conspiring with Doctor Doom to get rid of the field. He compresses space and time to make it as if its not there without leaving a smoldering crater in its wake, I get rid of Reed Richards. Simple super-villain team-up.

Have you ever...

Been on a plane: No, I was launched out of a cannon from Malaysia to get here.

Swam in the ocean:
If snorkelling counts, then yes.

Fallen asleep at school: Do you think Mr Amos can bake cookies? Do you think Nicol David can play squash? Then yes. It's my thing. I think I set a record by having almost every teacher in my school having to tell my parents about it during parent-teacher day.

Broken someone's heart?: Yes. On purpose. By accident. All sorts of reasons. The human heart being as annoyingly fragile as it is, it's hard to not accidentally cause some damage on your way through life. Oh, and Khai, 'The human heart, can be weak. And sometimes, it may even give in. But I know, deep down that there's a light that NEVER goes out! I believe! Without a doubt! That Kingdom Hearts, is LIIIGHT!!!' (if you people imagine me saying those corny lines with actual conviction then you need your heads examined)

Fell off your chair?: Yes. Gravity is forever conspiring to bring me down. It sometimes conspires with my chair. Last week I caught it behind my house beside the dumpster conspiring with the stairs.

Sat by the phone all night waiting for someone to call: Nope. Not that pathetic.

Saved emails: No. Don't think I've ever gotten an email I wanted to save.

What is your room like?: Its smaller than my last one. But cozy. Posters of John Mayer, the X-Men, Buffy and the Vitruvian Man are at home on my wall alongside ugly hand-drawn diagrams of the human brain and other anatomy notes. Three cacti sit on my window sill - Spike, Thorn and Horney. I don't talk to them. I think they're waging a cold war against me. Noreen's pretty table lamp sits on my table beside my laptop. And the floor is littered with comics and books. When I'm bored, I dive into bed, close my eyes and pick a random one off the floor. Its not a consistent system, but it works.

What's right beside you:
Noreen's table lamp. My external hard disk. The What If issue with Doctor Doom on the cover.

What is the last thing you ate:
Cereal. Cocoa Rocks, to be specific. I miss my Milo Balls!

Ever had ...

Chicken pox?: Yes.

Sore throat: Has been in my life as frequently as a random member of Batman's rogues gallery.

Broken nose: Nope.

Do you...

Believe in love at first sight?: Yes. If we're talking about ray guns, Star Trek memorabilia, action figures and comics. No if we're talking about girls. Unless there's a physical sign you can look for to tell if a girl's got a good sense of humor.

Like picnic? Can't remember when was the last time I've even been on one.

Who was/were the last person...

You danced with:
Sorry, didn't catch her name.

Last made you smile:
Lorelai Gilmore. I want to have her babies. Or well, the other way round works too.

Last you last yelled at: I surprisingly don't get into actual anger-yelling matches with real people much. There is one person I remember yelling at, but that name doesn't get mentioned here.

Today, did you...

Talk to someone you like: No. My life is devoid of people I 'like' at the moment.

Kiss anyone: Nope. Unless you count Fell

Get sick: Nope.

Talk to an ex: No.

Miss someone: Family. Friends. Sean Connery. Julia Roberts. Buffy. Bring them back!

Who do you really hate? Mmm, not really a hateful person. Except again, for one special circumstance. Don't you just love special people with special needs?

Do you like your handwriting?:
We have a love-hate relationship that rivals the great soap opera plots of the 1980s.

Are your toe nails painted: No.

What color shirt are you wearing now:
My blue Fantastic Four insignia t-shirt.

Are you a friendly person: I'm conversationey. I like talking to people. But I don't have the drive to maintain random friendships. So uh, no?

Do you have any pets:
Cats in my Malaysian home. Although the current generation is not the one I'm in love with. None here, because of stupid house-renting terms. Mark my words though, I will get a husky if it is the last thing I do!

Do you sleep with the tv/laptop on:
No. Never again. R.I.P. Lenna.

What are you doing right now?: Take a wild guess.

Can you handle the truth:
Probably not. But I really would prefer it over some things like, oh, I don't know, being a treacherous asshole who doesn't know where social boundaries with friends lie, then feigning innocence in the fallout.

Are you closer to your mother or father?:
Mom. My dad the rockstar is too cool for me. I'm a Gilmore Guy. (That sounds so wrong)

Do you eat healthily?:
Let's see.... pop tarts, Kit Kats, bagels, cookies, Jaffa cakes, curly fries, nuggets, Maggi.... Yes. I eat healthy.

Do you still have pictures of you and your ex?: Confiscated by the CIA

If you're having a bad day, who are you most likely to go to?: Machete the PS3. No one understands me like he does. Seriously though, no one in particular. I don't trust my friends enough to go to them consistently. If I confide in them once, I'll leave them alone for a while and look for other people. In fact I prefer confiding in strangers. Well not, TOTAL strangers, I don't hang out at pubs, but people I otherwise don't talk to much beyond work/school.

Are you loud or quiet mostly?: 'Quiet Joe' is what mah friends call me. They reckon I don't talk enough!

Are you confident?: I am. But I'll have to imagine you in your underwear first.

5 things I was doing 10 years ago:


1) Eating pancakes.
2) Boybands. Singing Backstreet Boys songs in my bedroom with my sister.
3) Being Mother Theresa to the cats in our backyard.
4) Watching the Power Rangers.
5) Playing Final Fantasy 7

5 things I would do if I were a billionaire

1) Get out of this course while I still can.
2) Buy Dad a garage for his rock studio. Tickets to Broadway for my mom.
3) Save some wolves.
4) Mmm.... coffee.
5) Cliche'd, I know, but travel. See the world.

5 bad habits of mine

1) Procrastination. Possibly the biggest nation on Earth.
2) Eating without being invited
3) Being a grizzly bear in bed during winter even when it's not winter
4) Not finishing what I start
5) Talking too much.

5 places I've lived/living

1) Sg Petani, Kedah
2) Butterworth, Penang
3) Seremban
4) Lembah Beringin
5) Kuala Lumpur

5 people I tag (But do not expect to actually do it)

1) Khai
2) Farah
3) Shahril
4) Zan
5) Aaron

10 comments:

KyleWorthington said...

How's Fell doing at the moment, if I may ask? I've not seen him in ages.

By the way -- you have a bloody Fantastic 4 t-shirt? Damn. I didn't know that.

Good stuff, the Power Rangers were. I remember last year's Easter I spent my hols watching both the old and new series. Corny as they might've been, it's still a legend.

Bal said...

He's....stuck. Behind the bed. I bring him up for air when I feel lonely, but otherwise I'm a cruel, cruel owner. Noreen bought me a wombat from Australia. I don't have any witty ideas for naming him/her though. Care to help?

And yeah, a Fantastic 4 t-shirt. To wear to exams to trick myself into feeling smart like Reed Richards. I didn't get the matching Fantastic 4 underwear because only the Thing wears Fantastic 4 underwear. Maybe if I get into a fight someday...

And yes, how can the Power Rangers not be legendary when they have the BEST OPENING THEME SONG KNOWN TO MAN?

Zan said...

Whoa, a couple of sensitive questions. Bahaya ni. Gotta ask my handler/lawyer/PR manager/President of the United States on how to proceed.

Oh yeah, I'm on Windows now. See if that MSN/Yahoo thingie still works.

NicolDavidOnline.com said...

Sleeping in class is an art.. I'm sure Datuk Nicol would've been proud!

LOL. Just joking!

Anyways, all the very best to you and have a blessed 2009!


Lorraine Siew
Editor of NDOnline

http://www.nicoldavidonline.com

Garrion said...

god dasmn, you lost your milo cajones?

XD

I shall do it!.... maybe even tonight!.... Maybe! =P but i'll do ti somethime shoon.

Garrion said...

cojones i mean. wrong spelling =P

Bal said...

Wow. I got the attention of the head of the Nicol David club by just mentioning her. Think I'll have similar luck if I make an Andy Roddick reference next?

farahrozhan said...

Is that meeeee?!

NicolDavidOnline.com said...

you could give it a try ;)

Bal said...

Yes, Farah, it's you.