I normally scribble ideas like this in my notebook but too far, and malas. Takut by the time I find it and find my pen lupa, so I'll just drop this here in the meantime.
Y'know Professor Xavier from the X-Men? Yeah what if there were some form of telepath, some guy who had a machine that allowed him to read everyone's minds, but not just in the present, but to just, reach out and touch other people's ideas that haven't completely formed yet. In essence, what he does is pick up other people's ideas or 'ghosts' of their ideas and use them to invent things and get credit for himself. You know how you might randomly think on a bus about how cool it might be for a movie to come out about something specific, but never act on it? This person picks it up and does it himself. Well, I'm not sure if he's going to steal 'creative' ideas like art stuff or by being an inventor of like, machinery and the like, nor am I sure what kind of setting I'd like to throw him into (post apocalyptic future, nowish, etc. etc.) but yeah I'd like to write about someone like that. All his life he built himself up based on other people's dreams and ideas. Even if other people realized 'Hey, I thought about that first' every time his company unveiled some awesome new thing, they wouldn't be able to act on it anyway because it would be rather easy to believe in a world so big, someone else must've thought of it too.
So yeah, also dunno if I'm going to write a story ABOUT him, like his own personal dilemmas and how it feels like at the end of the day, despite being highly successful that he's living off the scraps of other people's imaginations. Perhaps it will somehow leech into his own life, blurring the line between his dreams and theirs. Perhaps it will make him question if he HAD any dreams to begin with.
If not I could just toss him in as a secondary character of sorts in a bigger fantasy/sci-fi/comicbook epic. The inventor.
2 comments:
Yes.
You should write it.
Nuff said.
Hey, thanks :) Y'know, I think part of why I haven't been so motivated to write lately is because you're not around. In Newcastle, I mean. Shahrin gives me this 'That sounds too fantasy-ish' look whenever I try to bounce my ideas off him. Noreen, well... I never tried with her. But yeah, I miss those conversations with you, really. Looking forward to having them again when I visit you in good ol' Scotland ^^
Post a Comment