There's no place like home. And after not one, but two gruelling flights, I'll have to say I earned it. 6 hours from London to Dubai and another 7 from Dubai to Malaysia with a 10 (I shit you not) hour transit in Dubai airport, I was on Malaysian soil. Well, the journey wasn't too horrible. The service on Arab Emirates was pretty good, so were the in-flight shows (I watched Shark episodes, Aaron, you're right, he rocks and 'The Air I Breathe'). It was the transit that was irritating. A halal Big Mac was no compensation for the fact that the transit area was so packed that there was hardly a good spot to sit down. Sleeping people on the floors and carpets everywhere. And all I wanted was a quiet corner to surf the net with my PSP. Oh wells.
So yeah, mom, dad and Haziq picked me up at the airport at 10p.m. last night (Baggage took forever). Words can't express how good it feels to see them again. Screw the whole Malaysian soil and weather thing. The fact that they were there just, well, spend a whole year away from your family and you'll understand. I just wish Nabilah were around (she's at boarding school), but oh well, I'm visiting her tomorrow. If the Wicked t-shirt I got her at London doesn't make her happy, well nothing will ^^. I just wish I could physically take her to let her watch it herself.
I later spent the night at the local kedai mamak (a long missed institution) with a guy who an expert on good behavior bitterly claims is 'of the same species as me'. In all honesty, I really can't give a damn anymore in that department. Because if I am to be lumped together with Khairul because of how terrible we are as human beings, I know one sin that expert has done which is, in all honesty, a thousand times more disgusting than what we did combined.
But I'm not petty enough to reveal what it is. Khai and I have agreed on letting the person in question sit on his/her high cloud. Because seriously, I'm not even interested with being 'friends' anymore. The last message passed between us where I asked for a chance to 'talk' was not because I'm desperate for friendship. Not with the person in question anyway. I wanted a civil solution to the fact that we all share friends.
If civility is too much to ask for, then we're pretty much happy with never having to take his/her bullshit ever again.
'Too long I've been afraid of losing love I guess I've lost. Well if that's 'love', it comes at much too high a cost.'
Well, with that foul smell cleared from the atmosphere, I'm actually looking forward to the rest of the break. Shahrin and Noreen arrive home soon. Feera in tow once her Cambridge ball thing is over. Good movies are coming out over the break. Khai's home over the break because of his internship. Shah's already made plans to visit and stay over, like old times. I'm looking forward to visiting Ipoh and Penang. My newfound taste for jazz and clubs (And the money to spleurge on them) mean that yeah, it's three months to look forward to before the insanity of med school comes back to claim me.
Let's make it count. ^^
No comments:
Post a Comment