Monday, December 03, 2007

Weaver

I know November was supposed to be Novel-Writing month. Apparently it can't be for medics >< So anyway, here's the intro that I mentioned I would put up then. And ah, yeah, that's as far as I've gotten for now. From now it will be a secondary project to What Lies Beyond, as a lighter thing for me to turn to when I'm tired. Sarah, don't get mad- it won't take up too much of the time I have devoted to the WLB. Its meant to be short and simple enough that I won't upload anything on Fictionpress, or any future chapters on this blog for that matter, until its finished completely.

Which, hopefully will be by the end of the Christmas break.

So here it is. Enjoy.

Sneak Peek - Weaver

3 comments:

Aki said...

Damn you Bal. Figured I haven't had enough anticipation and distractions yet? Damn you, damn you.

I am cranky right now.

I love the story. Your style of writing is wonderful, it's entirely different from What Lies Beyond, it reminds me of Sabriel. Thing is Sabriel makes me want to tear the book sometimes - yours is beautiful and I read it without frustration. You described everything perfectly, I think. Every small detail, like how the girls call the woman 'Mam' and a peek at the history of the tree with the blood red leaves, it's like the world really existed. It's powerful, it feels so REAL.

Another reason why I hate you right now. I feel like I have to go back to Debris and recreate the world.

I don't want to see you until this anger goes away. I am tired and envious at the same time and I feel like slapping you and admiring you at the same time. However I am still nice enough to say please don't get offended because I am just irrational right now because I lack sleep and food and was anxious for the past week - I love the story so much I wish it was mine, I wish I had written it, but it's you instead of me, so the only I can do is improve Debris which WILL be much better and will emit a different kind of aura from this story but just as good.

I will, I will, I will. If I think about Debris hard enough it'll help me get through all my assignments.. Hmm... Debris...

If you turn back on this story Bal I'll kill you.

The Angry Medic said...

Okay I haven't been here on a while so I will gush meaninglessly on a few of your posts all at once (yes folks it's a BUMPER episode of Angry Medic bimbo-ness! Don't just thank your lucky stars, make out with them!)

First: Ooh story! All I know about you and writing is that you do it well, so this'll kick off my winter reading list!

Second: Ooh Shakespearing on a Nicholas shoestring budget! (I laughed when I heard he had you all arriving on different buses. Been there myself - leg room's a bitch ain't it)

Third: I. watched. Macbeth. MACBETH. With PATRICK friggin STEWART. The one winning more awards and dominating more theatre reviews than Donald Trump has ex-wives.

OMFG!

I did have to queue up to get say seats, and I did spend more money on it than I will ever admit to JPA even under threat of torture, but it was worth every penny. Up next: Othello with Chiwetel Ejiofor and Ewan McGregor. You in? Let's talk shop when I see you this weekend :)

Aki said...

BAL UPDATE LA I NAK BACA SOMETHING ELSE APART FROM MY SOCIOLOGY TEXT BOOK!!!