Sunday, September 02, 2007

Orpheus!


Yeah, I know I mentioned him in the last post, but in case you had trouble translating, I just have to announce it again anyway! I have a new laptop, and his name is Orpheus! Named after a mythic bard from Ancient Greece who was loved by the Gods because of his talent and skill. When his wife, Eurydice died, he took a journey to the depths of the underworld to find her, where he made a sort of bet with Hades.

Hades said that if he could lead his wife out of the underworld without looking back at her even once, then she would be home free. Alas, after he took his first step out the exit, doubt came and he turned to look back and make sure she was still there. As such he lost the bet, and became so broken that he never slept with women ever again.

Turning his attention to young boys. (Do I know how to pick 'em? XD)

Anyway, at one point in his life when he decided he'd had enough of the Gods' cruel jests, he sang a song so great that everyone around who heard it immediately fell in love with him. He was orgy-ed to death.

Oh yeah. Definitely a contender for 'The Coolest Death Scene' awards.

P.S.- R.I.P. Lenna, who was traded off for a meager RM400 because of her damaged LCD (she would've been worth RM1200, otherwise). As such I could only 'reincarnate' her as my original copy of Microsoft Office 2007.

8 comments:

KyleWorthington said...

He's a pretty looking thing, your Orpheus. :)) What brand is he again? I dunno what to call my little precious yet...

What do you think of a James McCrimmon for a name?

Kai said...

@leafie: It's a Toshiba.

@Bal: That's a nice wallpaper, by the way.

Bal said...

James McCrimmon. Nice name. And it's got a Mc too! Maybe it should be MacCrimmon. Just for the extra Scottish kick. :D

KyleWorthington said...

Och aye!

James McCrimmon it is! Or MacCrimmon. Hehe.

When's MARA ever going to confirm our flight dates? I'm building up nervous energy by the minute!

Bal said...

I'm just assuming that the current dates are the confirmed ones. Like En. Khaizan said, most of the time they get the times they want. So yer going first eh lassie? Take care! I'll see yer on the other side! XD

KyleWorthington said...

yeah. just asked those ppl at MARA. they say the dates are kinda confirmed, but the times aren't. weird, no?

Bendigedig! (That's Welsh, but who cares).

Aki said...

Nice wallie!

Bal said...

Okay, I've gotten wallpaper compliments from three people now. The person who made it must deserve SOME credit, so here, in case you want to save it for yourself:

http://aalynia.deviantart.com/art/Summertime-60462268