Thursday, March 23, 2006

Norwegian Wood

OMFG. READ THIS BOOK.


By now the fact that it's a Japanese product should have gotten the attention of at least Sarah, who's into all things Japanese and Khairul, who's into Japanese women. As another plus point to give Khairul, it's a love story, and a bloody good one at that. How often do you hear me praising romance novels? Especially Japanese ones? Granted, some of you would know by now that I tend to have a sort of bigotry towards Japanese things that are not Teppanyaki, but here I am, telling you to read this book. Why? Because it somehow clicked, and I'm sure you guys'll feel it too. The emotions conveyed in this story feel all too real, and I felt like I could relate to some of the characters and, for some weird reason I saw the main character as someone who reminded me of Khairul. You'll just have to see what I mean. Further ranting on this book will be found on Last Word.

Well Math 1 and Bio 2 are tomorrow. Spent the last three days studying...most of the time. Half of the time... sometimes. Oh God, I only hope I manage to pull through this time around. I mean, I don't think I can bear the thought of cramming Maths in November along with Lang & Lit and Chemistry. I just wanna get it over and done with in June along with Bio.

In the meantime, here I am uploading my blog to pass my one hour break that I have granted upon myself. Am going to get back to working my ass off shortly.

Ah yes, and apart from the book, you should also watch THIS movie!-


Yes, I was skeptical when Shahrin brought it into my room. I mean, Israelis? Palestinians? World issues? Never my cup of tea, though recently Syriana and a buncha other movies have been making me rethink that. The movie follows the Jewish assassins dispatched by the Israeli Government to kill the 11 people who masterminded the 1970-sth Olympic tragedy at Munich, where some Israeli atheletes were held hostage by Palestinian 'terrorists' before all of them were killed. Both terrorists and atheletes. Before you think this is a 'Jewish sympathizing' movie, or a 'Jews are bad' movie, I'd like to clarify that neither is the case. Okay, as Muslims some say we have an obligation to hate Jews. I don't seriously believe that, considering people are well, people. Some are evil, yeah, but not all of them. The movie plays it fairly enough so that the Palestinians don't look wholly good nor do the Jewish people get that kind of spotlight. Which is a good thing. Every group in the world today is so insistent on upholding their 'I am RIGHT' flags that once in a while, we need to be reminded that we're all humans, after all. There is no such thing as absolute good (not counting Prophet Muhammad s.a.w.) or absolute evil.

Or, you know, you could go and burn your own brain cells by watching something else like Scary Movie 4.

On another hand, a Spider-Man 3 teaser poster has been released at its official site. At first I thought it was a black and white picture- but then I looked closer and realised- it's not. Spidey's SUIT is black and white.

What does that entail?

(drumroll)

GAHAHAHAAAA!

So as you can see, this blog post has been a pointless one that only serves as a ranting ground for me. ^^ Thanks for reading.

P.S.-> Make sure you check out my updated reading list on the right side of the page. It's only a part of the whole thing, though. ><

No comments: