Okay well, that was a horribly bad pun, but anyway, here I am all the way in Kedah. Sooooo far away from KL, where thankfully they have cyber cafes I can use to update stuff like my stories and my blog. The college here isn't exactly too bad, considering that I've seen a lot worse before. It's been almost 6 days since I first arrived here. We left Penang on Monday morning to arrive here at about 9.00 o'clock. This place is NOTHING like Seremban. Comparing college to boarding school...is kind unfair. They're two very separate things, but both have their advantages and disadvantages. This place is a small town. And I mean, REALLY small town. No large buildings, no fast food joints, no 7-Eleven (sniffs, 'Big Gulp').. but facility wise, the college beats boarding school hands down. The rooms are smaller (four per room) the food is better, and the place looks all shiny and new.
Overall though, I really miss school. I guess its a side effect of having so much friends from Seremban here. Farid is in the same room as me. Amri's here too, along with Hasrul and some others. Acap couldn't make it though, and damn that sucks. Looking at the people who ARE here only reminds me of the people who aren't. But well, I'll manage. Hopefully I'll only have to be here for about one month before MARA's response comes out. If I get to go to Banting, it'll closer to home, and that's always a good thing. I also met some unexpected people here. Akmal's here, and he's pretty cool to talk to. Then there are some people from my that religious school in Kuala Selangor that I used to know from my short stay there when I was 13. And Elis is here too, one of the SAMURA debaters.
The orientation week sucked though. The people haven't the slightest clue on how to manage us. It caused all sorts of problems, and it made my first week here less fun than it could have been. Well its over now, so lets put that in the past. Been in contact with Khairul, Shahril, Irzan and Sarah. They're fine, mostly, but the first few days had me really worried about Khairul, being the lonely, lonely person he is. But I guess things are better now. He says he's fallen in love again (so quickly?) I'd dismiss it as a crush, but then I don't really have any details, so I can't really say for sure now, can I?
I finished reading 'The Rule of Four', and my verdict? It's kinda nice. Not up to 'Da Vinci Code', but good nonetheless. And I wouldn't really compare the two, anyway. To me, the main charm from TRoF was the 'friendship' theme. It gave the characters more life, in my opinion compared to Dan Brown's Robert Langdon. Now that I'm through with that, I'm moving back to 'Fire-Bringer'. I should take care as not to finish reading all of my books too fast though, as Changlun ain't really a place where I will be able to restock my book supply as easily as I did in Seremban. I'm taking things slowly.
Besides, the lectures start next week. I'll probably be too busy running around and finishing assignments to actually read more books. Not a good thing, now that I think about it. Now I REALLY want to go to Banting. I wish they'd hurry up...
Oh, and Farid's in the same room as me. Pretty cool, huh? I mean, we were in the same dorm when we were in Form Four, and he's great company. He's funny, and fun to prod around. He's good to talk to as well. Guess as long as he's here, I'll have my sanity. And I don't really have to worry about getting new friends, as long as I stick to the Seremban guys. I'm pretty much safe.
We're allowed to go home on weekends. But well, since KL isn't exactly close, I'm thinking about Auntie Roziah's place in Penang. But this week since the orienatation bullshit finished late, I only have two days of holiday. So going now wouldn't really be worth it. Maybe next week, AND I might just catch Star Wars then.
Contacted Pai too, just to ask how long she had to wait in matrix to get her ticket out. She had to wait one week. Lucky. I might have to wait a month, or longer. She was at a talk about Oxford. She's planning to study there. That makes two girls I know now who have big plans. Haha. Not that I don't have big plans. Oxford just isn't one of them...
I'm hoping to write, actually, but this pc I'm using doesn't really seem 'writer friendly', and with the people playing Ragnarok in the background, its not really easy to gain focus. Maybe if I find another place...
In the meantime, things are fine enough. Guess I'll survive. Hope those MARA people hurry up...
1 comment:
I like vampires.
Post a Comment